From:
"Wendy E. Betts" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Feb 1995 14:36:23 -0800

I have found this dicussion very interesting...my primary
reason for being uncertain about my CD diagnosis is that I
am heavy and gained a great deal of weight during the years
that most of my symptoms came on. For most of them, in fact,
I had the seemingly insane feeling that I was gaining weight
while starving to death. When I was diagnosed, it appeared that
this feeling had some validity to it.

I actually lost weight when diagnosed and appear to start gaining
again whenever I slip up on the diet.  I'm not sure if this is a
physical or psychological mechanism, or perhaps a combination of
both.

At any rate, it's comforting to know that being heavy and having
CD are not necessarily incompatible. I suppose I'm lucky to have
had even an uncertain diagnosis, although it did take 5 years.

Wendy Bets, [log in to unmask]