From:
Denise Jania <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Denise Jania <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Sep 2011 11:34:14 -0700

Greetings!I was in my local Williams Sonoma store last night, and while waiting for my gift to be wrapped, the woman behind the counter was cutting up chocolate chip cookies and putting the cookie pieces into little paper sampling cups.  She then puts the tray in front of me and says, "Would you like to try a sample of our gluten-free chocolate chunk cookies?"  I looked at her with a blank stare because I wasn't sure my ears heard her right.  So I asked if they were for sure GF, and she said yes, and then she showed me the box.  SO now they carry Bouchon Chocolate Chunk gluten-free cookie mix.  It is quite expensive at $19.99 for the box, but that's quite an advancement for the gluten-free world for Williams Sonoma to carry GF stuff.  Everything in Williams Sonoma is expensive and their GF products are no exception.  She also showed me a GF flour mix they are selling, which is called Cup4Cup, created by Thomas Keller.  It was also $19.99 for the
 flour, which was 3 pounds.
I just checked their website to be sure I had the name of the cookie mix right, and I see they also have a GF pancake and waffle mix and also a GF brownie mix.  Hurray, we are becoming more mainstream every day!  Denise