From:
Tonya Garrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Aug 2001 19:39:08 -0500

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!!!

I just wanted to thank you all so much for your help!!! I thought I would
tell you all what I did!!  I recieved some wonderful ideas from this site
and others!!  Well, on the menu they had pizza bagel bites, ice cream and
cake.  Well, the mother of the little girl bought GF ice cream and she
offered to special order or make something just for Kaitlyn, but I didn't
want her to feel she had to do all of that!!  Kaitlyn's friend's parents
have been great and try so much to help!!  Anyway, I made some "pizza bagel
bites" with some chebe bread I had here and they were GREAT!!!  They tasted
so much better than the store bought kind!!  And for my cupcake delima, I
used the gluten free pantry mix I had and just topped the cupcake with LOTS
AND LOTS of icing and LOTS AND LOTS of the little mini M&M's.  I was
great!!  She loved it and all the little girls wanted m&m cupcakes!  I
hated for her not to have a cupcake or something...this was her first
birthday party since going GF and I wanted her to feel like she would fit
in.  But, it went GREAT!!

Again,  Thank you to everyone!!!

Tonya

These are the ideas that I recieved:

If you have peanut butter you can make wonderful peanut butter cookies.  1
cup peanut butter, 1 cup sugar (1/2 brown & 1/2 cup white or all white),
and 1 egg.  Stir together.  Make in small balls. Press with a fork.  Bake
at 350 for about eight minutes.  They will be very fragile but delicious. I
don't press down the brown sugar.  We have made these cookies about
20years.

If you have some marshmallows, you could make rice crispy treats using
gf crispy rice or any other gf cereal.  Then decorate the crispy cereal
snack with frosting.  Easy, yummy, and pretty to look at.  Also brownies
recipes are very flexible can be frosted to look festive, too.  Use the
GF Pantry cake mix  in place of flour in your favorite brownie recipe
(you may be able to cut out the xanthan, baking powder and salt as well
if the cake mix already contains these ingredients).  I am also
including an awsome yellow cake recipe (makes 12 cupcakes).
Substituting your gf pantry cake mix for the dry ingredients should work
pretty well. These recipes come from www.gfutah.org/cookbook, feel free
to post them.  If you don't have enough ingredients to make a full
batch, scale it down to half or less.  MARSHMALLOW RICE CRISPY
TREATSAmber Lee1/4 cup margarine5 cups mini marshmallows
6 cups crispy rice cereal

1.  Microwave margarine and marshmallow in a large bowl for one minute.
Stir. Microwave for one minute more.2.  Stir in cereal quickly.

3.  Press mixture into well-greased 9x13 inch pan.  Cut into 2-inch
squares when cool.  Makes 24 squares.BROWNIESElaine Farris 1 1/2 cups
gluten-free flour mix2 cups sugar1 tsp baking powder 1 tsp xanthan
(optional)1 tsp salt1/2 cup cocoa4 eggs1 cup oil2 tsp vanilla

1.  Combine flours, sugar, baking powder, xanthan, salt and cocoa in a
mixing bowl.2.  In a separate bowl mix eggs, oil, and vanilla. Add to dry
ingredients.Mix only until well combined .

3.  Pour into greased 9x13x2-inch baking pan.  Bake at 350 F for 35
minutes. Cool before cutting.YELLOW CAKEAmber Lee 1/2 cup (1 stick)
butter2/3 cup sugar2 large eggs1 tsp vanilla 1 cup gluten-free flour
mix1/2 tsp xanthan1 tsp baking powder1/4 tsp salt 1/4 cup milk1.
Preheat oven to 350 F.

2.  Beat butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.  Add eggs and
vanilla and beat well.

3.  Combine flour mix, xanthan, baking powder, soda, and salt in a medium
sized bowl.

4.  Add dry ingredients to egg mixture with milk and mix until smooth.
Pour into greased and rice-floured 8-inch round cake pan.  Bake at 350 F for
30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Cool completely before frosting.

How about adding mashed bananas to the gluten free pantry mix for banana
muffins?  You could always send her with hot dogs and packaged cookies!!! :)

Plus, I recieved many ideas about sending m&m's, candy bars, or just
anything really special!!!

Again, thanks to all of you and now I have some really great ideas in case
this happens again!!

Tonya