From:
Stacy Higginbotham <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Stacy Higginbotham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Jan 2011 08:16:20 -0600

Wow! I go nearly 60 responses! Amazing that so many people can relate. Most
told me their story. Either of themselves, their children or someone else
they knew. Some were just anecdotal and other stories were tragic. There
were a couple that were facing the same thing right now and wanted me to
summarize. But overwhelmingly most agreed that gluten could be the major
driving source of my son's temper tantrums and sadness. A few people
suggested the Feingold Diet also.

So I had a conference with his pediatrician. I was surprised that he agrees
that it could be a factor. He seems to be pretty knowledgeable and knows
that there are limits to the blood tests. He did admit there are varying
degrees of gluten intolerance. He does think that seeing the psychologist is
also the way to go. So here is the plan. We are going to do the gluten free
diet for one month. Then go back to gluten for one month. He is due for his
check up then anyways. He said the psychologist may have blood tests that
she wants him to run. This way he only gets one stick. So if he improved on
the diet and regressed going back to gluten then we have our answer. The
testing will just hopefully confirm it. I met with the psychologist and she
is a big believer in diet affecting behavior. But admitted that it usually
isnt the only thing going on. So that is where we stand right now. He has
been on the diet for only one day so I dont know how it affects him yet. We
shall see.

Thanks for everyone's input. If you want the names of the pediatrician or
the psychologist just email me. They are both in Kingwood TX.

Stacy