From:
Sarah LeTard <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sarah LeTard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Dec 2008 18:31:59 -0800
Potato Quiche

4 cups frozen hash brown potatoes
2 Tabl

Recipes:

Potato Quiche

4 cups frozen hash brown potatoes
2 Tablespoons butter, melted
1 cup chopped ham
¾ cup grated cheddar cheese
¼ cup chopped green bell pepper
2 green onions, diced
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup milk
salt and pepper to taste

Thaw
potatoes and pat with paper towel to remove moisture.  Lightly oil a
9-inch deep dish pie plate.  Press potatoes into pan and up the sides.
Brush with melted butter.  Bake at 425 degrees for 25 minutes or until
lightly browned.
Sprinkle ham, cheese, pepper and green onion into
the potato shell.  Mix together eggs, milk, salt and pepper and pour
over cheese/veggie/ham mixture.  Lower oven to 350 degrees and bake 25
minutes or until egg mixture is set.  Remove from oven and let stand 10
minutes before serving.
Serves 6-8

Farmer's Breakfast

3 c frozen Dell's hash browns        1 c chopped ham
¾ c shredded cheese            4 eggs
¼ c chopped onion                ¼ tsp pepper
1 12 oz can Carnation evaporated milk

Place potatoes in 8" square baking dish. Sprinkle with ham, cheese &
onions. Beat eggs, milk & pepper and pour over all. Chill several
hours or overnite. Remove from refrigerator 30 min before baking. Bake
uncovered at 350 for 1 hour.
Use this mix to make muffins of your choice:
GF Flour mix: 2 c brown rice flour, 2 c white rice flour, 1 1/2 c
sweet rice flour, 1 1/3 c tapioca starch, 2/3 c cornstarch, 1/2 c rice
bran and 2 tsp xanthan gum. Sift together several times. I usually 4x
this recipe and keep extra in the freezer. Works well in all my old
cookie & bar recipes - even rolled out sugar cookies.
Lots of fresh frut.

BREAKFAST CASSEROLE

1 pound frozen hash browns ( I used Tater Tots)
1 cup chopped cooked ham
1/2 cup sliced green onions OR chopped onion
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
10 eggs, beaten
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons dry mustard
1 1/2 to 2 cups milk
Dash cayenne pepper
Paprika to taste

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Layer
bottom of 13 x 9" pan with hash browns.  Sprinkle ham, green onions and
cheese evenly over potatoes.  In bowl, combine eggs with milk, salt,
mustard and cayenne.  Pour over other ingredients in pan.  Sprinkle
with paprika.  Bake in preheated oven 40-45 minutes or until firm.  You
can add additional ingredients, such as mushrooms, peppers, etc. but
then allow 60 minutes to bake.  Makes 12 servings.

Breakfast Casserole
1 lb breakfast ground sausage, crumbled, cooked and drained
4 eggs, beaten
2 1/2 cups
8 oz grated cheese (cheddar)
2 cups GF bread croutons (I make my own from cubing and toasting Chebe bread but regular GF bread of your choice can be used)
1 1/2 cups GF chicken broth (thickened with cornstarch) or same amount of GF mushroom soup
Salt and pepper to taste

Cook
crumbled sausage until well done and drain thoroughly.  Place GF
croutons in bottom of 8x12 baking dish.  Cover GF croutons with cooked
sausage.  Combine eggs and 2 1/2 cups milk; pour over sausage.
Sprinkle grated cheese over top of sausage, egg mixture.  Pour soup
over cheese.  Run knife through mixture.  Cover and let sit overnight
or at least four hours in refrigerator.  Bake, uncovered at 325 degrees
for 45 minutes to an hour or until casserole is set and eggs no longer
runny.

HASHBROWN BAKE

six cups frozen hash browns
two cups diced ham or sausage
four green onions, chopped, or dried onion
one-half green pepper, diced
two cups cheddar cheese, grated

Layer this in the bottom of a greased 9x13 pan, and pour this mixture
over the top-
six eggs
one quarter cup milk
one quarter cup sour cream

sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Bake uncovered at 400 degrees for 45-55 minutes or until brown.

EGG  BAKE Casserole  (gluten free)
32 oz frozen hash browns or tator tots (thawed) ( I used tator tots)
2 cups cooked chopped ham
½ - 1 cup sliced green onions
3 cups cheddar cheese
10 eggs beaten
1 ½- 2 cups milk
1 tsp salt
2 tsp dry mustard
Dash cayenne pepper
Paprika to taste ( I didn’t use that)
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
Layer bottom of 9 x 13 pan with hashbrown
Sprinkle ham, green onions and cheese evenly over potatoes
In a bowl combine eggs with milk, salt, mustard and cayenne
Pour over all. Sprinkle with paprika
Bake in pre-heated oven  45-50 minutes or until firm
You can use additional ingredients (mushrooms, peppers etc…) but then allow 60 minutes.  Makes 12 large servings
** this can be made the night before and refrigerated overnight  J

CHEESY EGG PUFFS              good
1 can mushrooms and 2 green onions, sauteed..
1/2 cup melted butter (can omit)
1/4 cup flour, 1/4 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp baking powder.  5 beaten eggs,
1 cups Jack cheese, crumbled and 1 cup cottage cheese.
Mix and put in greased muffin tins, 3/4 full.  Bake 350 for 35
minutes.  Freeze.s well and reheat on medium heat in microwave. ..
(can use parsley with plain onion.)  (makes 14)
Alternate for flour and larger recipe  : use 1/4 cup sweet rice
flour, 1 1/4 tsp baking pwd. and add milk to reserved mushroom liquid
to make 1 cup.  Makes 18 muffins.

Aurora’s Baked Eggs

10 eggs
½ cup flour  (GF)
1 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
1 tsp baking powders
1-1/2 cups small curd cottage cheese
1 pound Monterey Jack or Colby cheese shredded (4 cups)
2 medium ripe tomatoes, sliced 1/8” thick
Parmesan cheese, grated (1/2 cup) for topping
Optional: 1 cup broccoli or spinach, chopped, well drained

Preheat
oven to 350F. Grease a 13 x  9” baking pan or two 8” square pans.  In a
large bowl beat eggs, add flour, salt, pepper, and baking powder. Mix
well. Fold in cottage cheese, Monterey Jack, and broccoli. (Eggs may be
covered and refrigerated overnight. Bring to room temperature before
baking). Pour eggs into prepared pan(s). Place sliced tomatoes on top
of egg mixture. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.  Bake until eggs are
set. 45-50 minutes for 13X9; or 25-30 minutes for 8” square pans.

Dutch Babies

6 eggs,
1 1/2 cup milk or milk substitute like almond milk or maybe coconut milk
1 1/2 cup sweet rice flour  (or white or brown rice flour but sweet rice flour is the favorite)
1/2 cup butter or virgin coconut oil if milk is a problem.  (virgin palm oil? I never tried it.)

Melt
butter or coconut oil in the bottom of an 11 x 15 pan (this is larger
than the 9 x13's).  It's easiest to just stick it in the oven as it
preheats to 400 degrees.

Blend or beat eggs, milk and rice flour together.
Add a dash of salt if you wish.

Pour the egg concoction into the pan on top of the melted fat.  Do NOT mix it in.  Let the batter "swim" in the melted fat.

Sprinkle with cinnamon, and/or nutmeg.  It is light and fluffy and soo good with lots of butter and maple syrup or honey.

Bake
at 400 for about 20 - 30 minutes until the egg is puffed up and not
runny anymore and the fat is absorbed.  Serve warm IMMEDIATELY with
honey or maple syrup.  Keep an eye on it,  I have a convection oven so
the timing and temp is different for me.  I am guessing on the timing
here.  It may be shorter than 20 minutes.

French Toast casserole
9 x 13 pan greased.
place
1 inch thick slices of bread (I use Alei's GF rasin bread) you can use
whatever you like to line the bottom of the casserole dish.
Mix 8 eggs, 4 cups of 1/2 and 1/2, i tsp of vanilla, 1 tsp cinnamon and a little nutmeg to taste.
pour
over the bread and refrigerate overnight.  In the morning, melt 1 and
1/2 sticks of butter in the micro, and mix in 1 1/3 cups brown sugar.
Make a paste of it and spread on the bread.
Bake uncovered for 1 hour at 350 degrees until golden brown.

Everybody loves it and if you have to make two use different bread.

Each one serves 8 to 10 people.

make one GF version and one wheat french bread one and everything looks
the same and the work is all done the night before except to bake.

Gluten Free French Toast bake- Bread Pudding

15 pieces gluten free bread
4 eggs
3 cups milk
4 TBSP melted butter
½ cup sugar
2 tsp vanilla
2 tsp cinnamon
¾- 1 cup raisons

Pre-heat oven 350 degrees
Make sure bread you use is firm and dry.  To achieve a dry piece of bread leave the bread out overnight loosely covered.
Cut bread in cubes and set aside
Whisk together the remaining ingredients except for the raisons.    Spray with pam an  8 x 12 baking dish
Place the bread cubes evenly over the bottom and sprinkle with raisons.
Pour the egg mixture over the bread
Place in oven 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes
Let sit 10 minutes before serving
If desired sprinkle with powdered sugar

Mini Frittatas with Ham & Cheese
  From the Kitchen of: Rita Malkin
½ cup onion, finely chopped
2/3 cup ham, chopped
1/3 cup shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese
2 Tbs. fresh chives, chopped
1/8 tsp. dried thyme
1/8 tsp. black pepper
2 large egg whites
3 large eggs
Cooking spray

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Spray
a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray.  Heat pan over medium-high
heat.  Add onion; sauté 2 minutes or until crisp-tender.  Add ham and
sauté 3 minutes.  Remove from heat and cool at least 5 minutes.
Combine remaining ingredients in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk.
Add ham and onion mixture, stirring well.  Coat 24 miniature muffin
cups with cooking spray.  Spoon mixture into muffin pan and bake at 350
degrees for 20 minutes or until set.

Do not overcook.  If
centers of frittatas are slightly soft, do not return to oven.  They
will continue cooking once out of the oven.

Crispy Potato Crust Quiche
From the Kitchen of:  Rita Malkin
This is terrific for a potluck event.  A cinch to make and always delicious.

Crust:
1 package shredded potatoes (I use Simply Potatoes)
1 tsp. salt
1 egg, lightly beaten
Cooking spray
Olive oil
    * Preheat oven to 400°F.
    * Spray a 9” pie pan or a 7”x11” rectangular pyrex dish.
    * Place shredded potatoes in a large bowl.  Mix in salt and eggs until well combined.
    * Press potatoes into pan and up sides.  If mixture is too sticky, dip fingers lightly in water.
    * Bake crust for 30 minutes or until it begins to turn golden brown.
    * Brush occasionally with olive oil.

* After crust browns remove from oven to cool for 5 or 10 minutes.
Reduce oven temp to 350°F to complete the rest of the recipe.

Filling:*
1 Tbs. unsalted butter
½ cup chopped onion
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 cups sliced mushrooms
1 ½ cups shredded Swiss Cheese or Monterrey Jack
½ cup shredded smoked Gouda
4 large eggs
1 ½ cups light cream
4 or more drops Tabasco (optional)
Salt and Pepper

* In a medium skillet melt butter over medium heat and cook onion until
tender.  Stir in mushrooms and garlic and cook until golden brown.

* Combine cheeses and spread evenly over bottom of potato crust.  Take
onion, garlic and mushroom mixture and spread evenly over the cheeses.

* In a bowl, whisk together eggs and cream, and Tabasco , if desired,
seasoning with salt and pepper to taste.  Pour liquid over vegetables
and cheese.
    * Reduce oven temp to 350°F and bake for 40
minutes or until firm.  Allow quiche to cool for at least 15 minutes
before cutting into squares or wedges and serving.

*1/2 cup chopped ham, a good salsa, or chopped, well-drained spinach or artichokes make excellent additions to the quiche filling.  Actually, almost anything makes a good addition.  Try your favorite bruschetta topping, as well.

Pumpkin Bars

4 eggs
1 c. oil
1 c. sugar (or brown sugar or sucanat)
1 can or 2 cups cooked pumpkin
2
c. gf flour of choice (I use Beth's All Purpose Mix which includes guar
gum.  If mixing your own flour you'll probably need to add about 1 tsp
guar or xanthan gum)
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp cloves
1/2 tsp nutmeg
2 Tbsp flaxseed meal (optional)

Mix wet ingredients.  In separate bowl mix dry ingredients.  Combine,
mixing well.  Place in jelly roll pan (sprayed with oil first)--I use a
10 X 16 stoneware.  Bake at 350 for 20 minutes in 10 X16 or longer if
pan is smaller and therefore deeper, until toothpick comes out clean.
Cool, then frost.

 Sarah Le Tard
find, and ye shall seek