From:
Bryan Donnelly <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Jul 1998 22:30:57 -0800

Hello to you all,
 I have had CD for eight years. I just got a computer a few weeks ago and
have learned more about this disease than ever before. It seems that the all
my doctors had every little knowledge about this so inturn : I feel like I
am starting all over. What you all do on this list serv. it nothing short of
wonderful and I am so grateful to you all.  Anyway, My two questions are #1
about edema- I must have been getting hidden gluten for the last two years.
Now that I am getting back to 100% no gluten will the edema go away and how
long will it take? #2 I have read that a lot of you have a problem keeping
weight on- but I on the other hand am over weight. I have read that some
people gain weight because the body is trying to over compenstate for the
loss to nutrients. Has anyone heard of this or experienced it ? Does anyone
know if getting back to the GF diet will help with weight loss? Thanks for
your time, your response will really mean so much.
                                                 Tracy L. Donnelly