From:
Lynn Worden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Sep 1995 08:36:17 PDT

I am new to this celiac list.  Just last week I was introduced to this
information and have been reading, reading, reading.  Twenty years ago I had
a reaction to wheat that seemed like celiac disease, but since I didn't have
any of the other symptoms, I put it out of my mind.  I never bothered to go
to a doctor with it, as I have had many, many health problems all my life,
and the only time they could help were to set bones or control infections,
minor occurrences in my life.

What concerns me is the Dermititis Herpetiformis(D.H.) and it's apparent
similarity to eczema.  I suffered severely with eczema from about 4 years
old until in my early thirties, when it just seemd to disappear.  But it was
also in my early thirties that I started having joint pain and mood
disorder.*  I don't know if my eczema was actually misdiagnosed D.H., and
what the differences are.  Can anyone clue me in?

The joint pain has had me immobilized with pain and vitually bedridden for
as much as 6 months at a time, and the mood disorder deteriorated into
manic-depression.  Thus I hope that addressing the celiac issue may
significantly reduce my severe joint and mental health problems.

My mother is diagnosed with IBS, and has had lymphoma; she tells me her
mother had a 'touchy gut' all her life, and died with alzheimers...

Lynn Worden ([log in to unmask])