Date:
Fri, 24 Apr 2015 20:55:11 -0400

Hi all,

Some people may remember last year when I asked for some work advice.  For those who don't, a short recap:

I was diagnosed in Dec 2013 by a doc who told me nothing.  I had no idea the withdrawals would be so bad.  I wish I had known because I would have taken a month off from work.  It was like I sleepwalked during that entire month.  I had a relatively new manager (to me) and she was not impressed by me at all.  I struggled with work and getting her to realize this was not me.

She was not forgiving and wrote me up.  I tried so hard to get a fresh start with her, but she was not having it and wouldn't trust me.  Every time i asked for something outside of my responsibility she wouldn't give me anything.  So I looked as if I didn't do anything all year.  As a result I got my worst rating in 23 years with the company.  (BTW, was always an excellent performer.)

I fought it with every fiber of my being, escalating it to HR.  But no one would listen.

2 days ago I received my notice that I'm being laid off.  22 years of being excellent employee and a couple of months of health problems and I'm thrown out of the company.

I'm not an idiot, I know this is a company and it's business.  But while others suffer through cancer, family deaths, and other illnesses and received assistance getting through it, I received none.  Making me feel as if it was personal.  Especially after my manager told me "you aren't living up to your paycheck" and "your coworkers are dancing circles around you".

I've gotten advice to find a lawyer.  I've also been told to look into Long Term Disability and SS Disability.  Anyone have experience with either they can share?

Thanks for everything.

(One final note, I found out I had undiagnosed CD for 40 years.  I have a lot of damage to my body.)