From:
Christina Kuhne <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Christina Kuhne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Oct 2002 21:37:45 +1000

Dear Friends

I rarely take pain killers but had a whopper of a headache today along with a sore throat, so needed to take something for it, so went to the chemist( drug store) and asked did they know if there chemist brand paracetemol or brand name Panadol was Gluten Free. Well that must have been a hard question for them, sorry for the sarcasm get tired of these professional people who don't know what we go through sometimes. Anyway here is the reply I got from the pharmacist. Firstly he told me it would most likely be marked contains Gluten, and I said maybe not if it was used as a binder, then he said in that case it would only be a minute amount, he didn't seem to understand me when I said I only needed a minute amount to upset me, remember this is the trained pharmacist. So then he said why not buy them and take them home and ring this number tomorrow(The manufacture number) as they are shut now and see whether they have Gluten in them and then take one tomorrow. I repeated to him in plain simple English that I had the headache today and was looking for relief today, and I had no intention of buying a product unless I was positive  it was gluten free and left his shop without thanking him for his help.

So my question to all you well informed friends is Paracetemol or Panadol Gluten Free.

Regards Christina
I am from Australia if that makes any difference