From:
"Annette C. Bentley" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Nov 1997 09:50:26 -0500

To all Celiac Communicants:

Believe me when I  say there is hope, even for Catholics. I have been
off the internet for quite some time because my computer crashed.
However, for those of you who don't know me, I am Annette Bentley,
President of the American Celiac Society.  For years I have been
pursuing getting approval for a non-gluten bread for communion. Many
priest and minster have recognized that this is a serious problem for
their Celiac curch members and have allowed a subsitute bread of
non-gluten but have not necessarily publicly announced what they were
doing.

A couple of months ago, I received permission from my local pastor after
I had been invited to write an article for the Eucharistic Minister on
the subject, to use a gluten free wafer. I was more then delighted that
my personal problem was solved but realize that other still face the
lack of knowledge by their clergy.  DON'T GIVE UP.  I am collecting
names and address of all individuals for the vacatian.  Please send me
your names and addresses and any comments to 58 Musano Ct., W. Orange,
NJ 07052.

My parish priest suggested that Celiac obtain a pix and place their
communion wafer in it.  Then have it placed on the alter cloth for
consecration during the Mass.  This has been very simple for me as now I
don't have to explain to every visiting priest before Mass.

My sincere prayers that hopefully this will be world widely accepted and
that those with problems of unformed clergy will press on. Please feel
free to contact me.

Sincerely

Annette Bentley
973-325-8837