From:
Jos Underhill <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jos Underhill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Sep 2005 23:25:35 +0100

Can anyone give me advice on following the Celiac diet in
Vancouver? I was diagnosed in January so am fairly new to
this. We will be visiting Vancouver (Burnaby, Coquitlam
area mainly) and Sidney, Vancouver Island, on holiday from
the UK in November. I need information on labelling laws,
how easy GF alternative foods are to find and where best to
look for them, and also any recommendations for eating out.
To add another complication, I am vegetarian and my
daughter (diabetic but not celiac!) is Vegan.

We will be self catering which will make it easier but any
advice on how to manage the diet in Vancouver or where to
find the info would be gratefully received!

Happy to summarize,
thanks,
Jos Underhill