From:
Emerisle <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 3 Oct 2006 16:12:25 -0700

Many of you who wrote previously to my query previously asked to hear the resulta of my journey...

  My EGD was "suggestive of celiac sprue" - variable villous abnormality with moderate villous blunting, etc.  Because prelim labs (NOT including tTg - IgA) were negative, my GI said this result was a red herrring and I did not have celiac disease.  I even talked to him about the rash I had, which he never examined.

  So, I called my dermatologist and asked for a biopsy.  He was sure it was DH, and we were correct.  Biopsy came back Friday.  I would love to see my GI's face when he gets a copy of the biopsy...

  Prometheus labs are apparently negative (I have not seen them yet).

  So, there you have it.  I have very mixed emotions - glad to get it diagnosed and sad, too, because part of me was still hoping that I was wrong.

  I guess the test of my diet will be the rash and repeat EGD?  When should repeat EGD be performed?  I am going to go on dapsone for awhile to get things under control with the rash (as soon as my blood count and G6PD come back).  Then my derm and I will work it out to minimize the dosing or just use it if needed.

  Also, could use recommendations of western Washington MD's who are knowledgeable with CD/DH....  Obviously, my current GI is not.

  Thanks for listening.  Beth