From:
bernard mansbach <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
bernard mansbach <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Sep 2003 07:54:41 -0400

corrected msg

summary:

most responses asked same question. the most recent information received is
copied below because it is very complicated. in essence it is not totally
clear. it appears at present there is only one lot and that only when made
by one plant that is GF. as a Quality Assurance Engineer myself seems
ludicrous  that you can label it the same lot when made by 2 different
plants to obviously different processes. one  input is that the company
will eventually make all of it GF but  no information as too when. to my
question on Halcion one response says that company will not guarantee it GF
as raw materials may change.

I contacted Sonofi on 9/9/03 , customer service at 800-223-6267, =
(options 2,4,and 1) was told GF free was Lot # TA21B, wholesaler had to =
specify this Lot #.

On picking this up a week later code on pills were the same as =
original.Pharmacist showed me the bottle which indeed had the lot =
#TA21B.I was apprehensive and  called Sanofi again and spoke with a =
pharmacist this time
who stated # were the same on both pills but the GF ones were =
Manufactured by Bayer in a different facility. This does not seem very =
efficient to me as pills could very easily be interchanged  by the =
pharmacy if they had no GF
ones.

thanks to all that responded
A-----------------------------------------------------------------------

><<Disclaimer: Verify this information before applying it to your situation.>>
>
>sometime ago there was a question whether Ambien made by its new company
>was GF. was this ever resolved? I switched to Sonata but it is not doing
>the job. has anyone checked on Halcion?
>
>Bernie Mansbach                           ~_0   _0
>

><http://home.nycap.rr.com/mansbach>http://home.nycap.rr.com/mansbach
>
>*Support summarization of posts, reply to the SENDER not the Celiac List*

Bernie Mansbach                           ~_0   _0

<http://home.nycap.rr.com/mansbach>http://home.nycap.rr.com/mansbach