From:
sandybill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Jan 2001 09:02:11 -0800

If  you've been watching the news lately you may have seen them demonstrate
that new small camera, about the size of a medicine capsule, that you can
swallow. It will then take about seven hours to make the journey through
the small intestine and will send out about 21 thousand excellent quality
pictures.

If I were considering a biopsy, I'd ask about that. They can see stuff with
that camera that they could never see before, and it will examine every
little nook and cranny (pardon the expression :)

I wonder if they couldn't find flattened and damaged villi more certainly
that way than any way before. Besides, they might find you were very
photogenic and you could get a movie contract :) But there probably ain't
no light at the end of that tunnel :)

Also, if anyone is considering Singulair for exercise induced asthma, be
very careful. I'm sure glad I just took a half a pill the first time. It
didn't have any gluten so far as I could determine, but it made me sicker
for two days than gluten usually does. According to the patient's warnings
of side effects on the med, that only happens in 2.5 percent of the cases.
But I'm wondering if it might not be hitting celiacs harder. -vance