From:
Monica Barton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 30 Jan 2003 20:52:22 EST

 I saw these chips at my local Kroger store in Florence ,Ky.  This small
Canadian Co. seems very accomodating to Celiacs.They may be worth supporting
to get more of their products in the states.   Here is their reply to my
gluten question...

Thank you for your question regarding gluten free products. We are very well
informed about Celiac disease hence we take extra precautions in our
manufacturing and in monitoring our raw ingredients.
We make our Organic Corn tortilla from scratch in our facility with just
organic corn, lime and water. We do not use any preservatives and we do not
manufacture any wheat product in our facility. So there is no chance of
contamination of our corn with gluten and as you are aware corn is gluten
free.

Apart from our Organic Corn Tortilla chips, we do carry some other forms of
tortilla products as in: Organic corn tortilla, these have a very short shelf
life as we do not use preservatives, hence, we do not export them to the
states.
We carry the Corn Taco shells and Corn taco bowls and Corn tostadas but they
are presently in works of being exported also to the states.
I hope we have answered your questions to your satisfaction. If you require
more information, please do not hesitate to contact me at <A HREF="mailto:[log in to unmask]">
[log in to unmask]</A>

Sincerely,
SiuwaEro

Siuwa Ero