Date:
Sat, 9 May 2009 23:44:38 -0700

Happy Mother's Day to all of you who either are mothers
or  are related to one!

Reminder:  Greater Cleveland Celiac Association CSA Chapter #50 upcoming events:  We will be having a special guest speaker at our

Next Support Group
Meeting

next Sunday

    at Parma
 Community Hospital

Sunday-May 17th

2:00 PM

Parma Community
 Hospital - in the Nelson Auditorium

7007 Powers Blvd (off Ridge Rd )

Parma

If
you need specific directions--Please go to http://tinyurl.com/2e9emh

E-Mail Cindy with any
questions: [log in to unmask]
and to RSVP
This is certainly a meeting you won't want to miss

 Special guest speaker:
 Christine Spiroch, Ph.D., PA-C,
Gluten Free Diet Educator

Topic: The Many Faces of Gluten Intolerance: Symptoms, Diagnosis, Treatment, Lifestyle Changes

Bring any questions you may have
regarding the gluten free diet.
**********************

We will also be discussing any gluten free products you have found to be
especially good or bad since our last meeting.

We will cover a lot of information!

Our "new
     products" feedback program Our doctor referral
     program (bring your doctor's contact information) Our restaurant
     referral program Find out about living
     with Celiac and the gluten free diet  Questions about
     Celiac or the Gluten-free diet?  We will answer them. Share
     your ideas
     for future meetings!  e-mail me with topics that interest you

We will also make plans
     for our future gluten free dining club events.

Please let me know if you
are interested in joining our dining
club

 Please bring your favorite gluten free side
dish, salad, or dessert to share along with 2 dozen copies of the
recipe if possible. Please include any brand names of ingredients, if
available, to help those with multiple sensitivities.

  E-Mail Cindy with any questions: [log in to unmask]

 Come ready to
share your thoughts, take notes, and enjoy gluten free food & friends!

I have invited Tommy's Pizza to come to this meeting.

We have had him come before... Several members have tried
this pizza and all have raved about it.  If you have not had Tommy's GF
pizza you are in for a treat!  You can order as many pizzas as you want-
both hot and take and bake.

hot Medium 12" plain pizza sells for $11.99, plus $1.59 per topping

The take-n-bake 13" plain pizza
sells for $12.99...

   Available Toppings:
Pepperoni, Sausage, Ground Beef, Ham, Bacon, Grilled Chicken, Anchovies, Mushroom, Onion, Green
Pepper, Black Olive, Green Olive, Tomato, Banana Pepper, Jalapeño Peppers,
Pineapple, Salami, Cheddar Cheese, Extra Mozzarella and Provolone cheese mix.

  Please let me know as soon as possible how many and what kind
of pizza you want –

specify if you would like it hot, frozen or ready to
bake

I must have orders in by Saturday Morning
 Please forward this to
anyone you know who is living gluten free.  Everyone is welcome.

 If you have any
questions about the meeting on Sunday, May 17th  let me know. *****
Thank
you again to everyone who helped out at the celiac conference last
month.  Congratulations to Jim who  won a large basket of gluten free
products!I am sure all who attended will agree it was a great conference.

FUTURE EVENTS

Future events- mark your
calendars if you have not already done so

 In order to ensure  that you get email reminders of future events
***Please let me know if you change your email address***

 May 17, 2009
– Parma
Community Hospital -
 Special guest speaker:
 Christine Spiroch, Ph.D., PA-C,
Gluten Free Diet Educator

June 14, 2009 - Parma
Community Hospital - email me for more information

**Note
all meeting times are 2 P.M. **

October
30 - November 1, 2009 - Mark you calendars 32nd
CSA/USA Conference,

Erie,
 Pennsylvania     details at the meeting on
Sunday

 ****************

 I look
forward to seeing you

Sunday, May17, at Parma Hospital

**Please let me know
either way if you will be able to attend.

Everyone is welcome!

We encourage family
members - especially of the newly diagnosed to attend.

Please RSVP as
soon as possible by e-mail to:

Cindy Koller-Kass

President

Greater Cleveland Celiac Association

CSA/USA Chapter #50

 ***********************

For those of you who have kids with celiac…
Please let me know if you are interested in programs for the kids -
send me their names and ages  and when they would be available.  Also,
please let me know if you have any programing ideas or  would be
willing to help with programing.   Please contact me for more
information.

If you have not finalized you summer plans...There are summer camps listed below that may still
 have space available: if you are interested contact each camp individually.

  The Celiac Sprue Association/Celiac
Support Group for Children (CSA Chapter 72) runs Camp Celiac at Camp
Aldersgate in North Scituate, Rhode Island (August 9 through August 14).
For more information, visit www.csaceliacs.org

     The Gluten Intolerance Group is running two kid’s
camps this year-- GIG Kids Camp East at Camp Kanata, NC (June 21 to June
27, 2009) and 2009 GIG Kids Camp West at Camp Sealth, WA (July 28 to
August 7, 2009). For more information visit www.gluten.net and click on “events” and then “kids camps.”

     The Celiac Disease Foundation helps sponsor Camp
Celiac at Camp Arroyo in the San
  Francisco Bay
area (July 26 to July 31, 2009). For more information visit www.celiaccamp.com.

     The Twin
 Cities , MN. R.O.C.K
(Raising Our Celiac Kids) group has Gluten Free Fun Camp again this year
at Camp Courage
in Maple Lake , MN (August 4 to August 7, 2009). For more
information, visit twincitiesrock.org.

     The Dallas Texas R.O.C.K. group is holding their Great
Gluten Escape Camp at Camp Gilmont in Gilmer ,
 Texas (June 14 to June 19). For
more information, visit www.dallasrock.org.

Cindy Koller-Kass

President