From:
Jean Shott <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Oct 2001 23:24:35 EDT

With the days getting shorter and the weather getting cooler, I am drawn to
carbs like a bear stocking up for the winter.  Here is a really good cake
recipe that I made today - first time I converted it to GF:

Apple Cake

Beat together:

1 3/4 c. sugar
3 eggs

Add
1 c. oil

Mix until creamy.

Sift together:

2 c. flour (I used Hagman's original blend)
1 t. cinnamon   1 t. baking soda
1 t. salt           1 t. vanilla
1 t. xanthan gum

Mix dry ingredients into egg mixture.  Fold in:

2 c.sliced apples
1 c. chopped nuts

Batter will be stiff.  Turn into 9 x 13" pan sprayed with Pam.  Bake at 375
degrees for 40 to 45 minutes.  Top with powdered sugar if you wish.

Jean
Copley, Ohio  USA