From:
Johanna Luimes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Jun 1999 17:46:01 -0400

Thanks to all those who responded to my questions about which one of
Bette Hagman's cookbooks is best for someone just starting out.  Most of
you said that ALL three were recommended, each one having a different
emphasis.  Those who did choose, recommend "The Gluten Free Gourmet".

Another favorite was her new book "The Gluten-Free Gourmet Cooks Fast
and Healthy".

A few people found recipe books other than those by Bette Hagman's to be
the most helpful.  The following books were also recommended;

* Jax Lowell's book, Against the Grain (HIGHLY recommended)
* Wheat-Free Recipes and Menus (Delicious Dining Without Wheat or
Gluten) by Carol Fenster, Ph.D.
* Anne Sheasby's  The Gluten-Free Cookbook:  Over 50 Delicious and
Nutritious Recipes to Suit Every Occasion (The Healthy Eating Library)

Many of you also suggested that I check them out at the library and see
which one suits me the best.  I found out my library does carry three
Bette Hagman's recipe books AND the Jax Lowell book, I will definitely
check them out!  Thanks for the suggestions!!

Johanna in Ontario