From:
Molly Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Molly Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Sep 2007 18:24:03 -0700

Hi all,

I rarely eat out, as I am extremely sensitive to cross contamination.
Pretty much eating out scares me, a lot.

I've never had to eat out for work before, but I am facing that hurdle
for the first time tomorrow. I cannot afford to be sick at all.

Has anyone who is very sensitive had luck with Callendars (as in Marie
Callendars) on Wilshire in Miracle Mile, by the tar pits? I'm just
looking to keep things simple, a green salad or fruit salad would be
fine. I did call and although they make (assemble) the pies there,
they do not make the
crusts from scratch at that location (I would not eat anywhere that
bakes with flour). I was also told they could prepare something for
me. Side note: I only eat seafood as far as meat is concerned.

Also, since it will be a work group, how would you tactfully convey to the
waitstaff your needs? I'm thinking of hanging back when everyone is
seated so I can privately discuss my needs with the manager or someone
else. I believe I also have a wheat allergy in addition to Celiac.

Thanks in advance. There was nothing in the archives that I could find.

Molly in Los Angeles