From:
Tony and Kari <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Apr 2002 21:06:58 -0600

Thank you to those who responded.  Here is a summary of what people wrote.

In the Seaport Village and area around the water
1. Edgewater Grill- 961 W. Harbor Drive-both lunch and dinner were great
2. The Fishmarket-at the end of W. Harbor Drive
3. Sally's-somewhat pricey but excellent
4. Buster's-807 W. Harbor Drive-moderately priced-excellent fish tacos with
corn tortillas.

Gaslight District
1. Royal Thai-467 5th Avenue-excellent
2. Fred'son 5th Avenue-hole in the wall Mexican-but great food and a fun
place.
3. Greystone the steakhouse- 658 5th Avenue-excellent but pricey-great
grilled salmon
4.The Food Park at the outside Mall called Horton Plaza(I believe) has allot
of options for

    inexpensive lunches.

They said all the places were quite helpful when barraged with numerous
litany of gluten related questions.

Another person said that there are a number of Persian and Greek restaurants
on 4 or between 4th and 5th up by Broadway that have rice as their basis,
not pasta.  Actually most of the Italian restaurants have risotto or fish or
meat dishes that don't involve any pasta.  The fish market in Seaport
Village has a lot of dishes, including the cioapinno.   Just don't let them
lay the piece of bread on top of it after they fix it gluten free.  They'll
do that if you don't warn them.

One person said that there was a Whole Foods downtown.

Another person said that they ate at a Soup and Salad restaurant across the
street from the Holiday Inn near the Convention Center. Huge salad bar and
baked potatoes.

One person said that they ate at a restaurant called Croce's in the gas
lamp district about 6-7 months ago.They had a seafood entree.

Poster:       Tony and Kari <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Restaurants in San Diego near the Convention Center

I'm traveling to San Diego on business on April 14th.  I need to know of
restaurants in the area around the Gaslamp District, Seaport Village,
Convention Center area.

I don't have a vehicle to get around so I'm limited to public
transportation.

Thanks,

Tony
Iowa