From:
Carol Lydick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Nov 1998 12:33:36 EDT

I just made the following rice bran muffins and they were great.

2 tablespoons molasses
1 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 cup brown sugar (packed)
1/4 shortening
3 eggs
1 cup Rice Bran
1 teaspoon xanthan gum
1 1/4 cup milk and 1 teaspoon cider vinegar or buttermilk
1/2 cup corn starch
1 1/2 cup GF flour mix
1/3 cup raisins or chopped prunes

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.  Stir baking soda in molasses until foamy
and light in color.  Set aside.  Cream brown sugar and shortening
together.  Beat in eggs, then Rice Bran.  Pour in buttermilk, molasses
mixture .  Beat in flours and add raisins or chopped prunes.

I was hesitant to post this recipe to the list until I read the article
that Ron Hoggan just posted that stated that more celiac are normal or
overweight than underweight.  I always felt that I was in the minority
with fighting my weight.  This recipe adds a lot of fiber to the diet
and is really good for those who like bran muffins.