Date:
Fri, 5 Nov 1999 21:40:28 -0800

Hi Folks,

Today I got the following e-mail from the owner of ULTIMATE BAKING.

gone out of town.  So I wouldn't have seen your post unless you forwarded
it!

Now for the bad news, which I will tell you because you are such a fan, and
because just maybe you will have an idea for us: Due to family pressures,
Heather and I are not able to continue in the business.  We have had the
business for sale for a few months now, but we have not succeeded in
securing a buyer.  Our deadline of Nov. 19th is fast approaching.  If we do
not have a buyer by that time, then we will be forced to close the business.

Now, the only reason I thought it appropriate to put the word out to you is
because I thought perhaps someone out there in the celiac community would
know of someone who might want to pick up this business, if only for the
gluten free products.  As you know, we have hit upon some fantastic gluten
free formulas, and we would much rather see them continue on and be
available to the celiac community.

So, if you know of anyone who might be interested and who really has the
resources to buy a business or the brand, please send them our way.  We have
contacted all of our competitors that we know about, in both the celiac and
non celiac world.  Of course some of them had an interest, but they have not
followed through.

Thanks again for taking the time to communicate your feedback to the list.

Sincerely,

Bob at Ultimate Baking
Great Gluten Free Biscotti,
GF All Purpose Flour Mix and GF Heavenly Chocolate Cake Mix
http://www.ultimatebiscotti.com

The world is going to be deprived of some very delicious stuff when this
fine company goes out of business.

Joe Clemens, Port Angeles, Washington, USA     [log in to unmask]