From:
Cathy Frank <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cathy Frank <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Feb 2005 01:30:32 -0500

Hello,

My 14 YO son is going on a 2 week school trip to Israel.

The Touring group has been very casual about handling the
particulars and giving us specific details. Their attitude is that it's "No
problem!"  but, they don't get it. Our school leader is fantastic and does
understand the issues involved so I have persisted.

I would like to know what kinds of prepared GF foods are available
and what it is like for Celiacs in Israel. He will be touring the whole
country and it has been suggested by the school leader that only one
of the places he will be staying prepare all of the food for the whole
trip...which is an excellent suggestion. Her hope is that the packaged
food can be frozen and taken or delivered to the places he will be
going. We are awaiting the Touring groups response but, in the
meantime, she has asked me to make recommendations on the
types of prepared foods, particularly baked goods, that they can obtain.
I would also like to know whether or not deli meats are labeled GF.
Any suggestions greatly appreciated!

Cathy