Date:
Fri, 6 Jun 2003 02:19:52 -0400

First of all,thank you to everyone who's been so helpful with the celiac diet for our family.

 My ten year old has ben totally gluten free for a few weeks and partly before that for a few weeks.

He stayed at 30 lbs for what seemed years. At 6 yrs old there were babies who weighed more than him. He's small now for his age, in 25% height and weight range.

Maybe it's my imagination, but he is starting to look heavier. I know it can't be much but with his thin build it's noticeable. I didn't expect any weight gain this early. I really hope that this is true.(BTW, we don't have a scale and can't get one right at the moment)

Has anyone else experienced this fast of a weight gain with their children?It doesn't seem possible but then he is so young and the villi start to heal fairly quickly.He does still have LOT of gas.

P.S. his behavoir seems more controllable lately. Actually my other son whos' been "putting up" with a gluten free house is too.We are all undiagnosed.

Monica,KY