From:
Susan Carmack <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Susan Carmack <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Oct 2006 11:35:30 -0700

Hi Celiacphiles,
Here are some more perogy ideas:

There are many perogie recipes at the forum I'm co-host of:

<http://forums.delphiforums.com/celiac/start>http://forums.delphiforums.com/celiac/start

Once you are there, go to this
message:
<http://forums.delphiforums.com/celiac/start>http://forums.delphiforums.com/celiac/start
All the pirogie links are there.
Hope this helps,
Mireille
I use a recipe I found on the internet and substitute the Ruby Range
Basic Mix + 1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum for wheat flour.  Good Luck

Liz
I'm not sure if the dough in perogies would be similar to a pasta
dough, but I use Bette Hagman's recipe for homemade pasta to make
kreplach....the Jewish version of something akin to a ravioli that is
boiled and served in chicken soup. The filling for a kreplach is
cooked ground beef and diced sauteed onion..cooked together then used
as filling.

Lin
YES!!  We just made them last weekend.  Use Bette Hagman's Pasta Base
Mix (it's at the beginning of her "fast and healthy" book).
Roll it out and cut into squares or triangles or whatever shape you
want (roll thin)

Make mixture of cooked potatos, finely chopped onions, salt, pepper
and a little olive oil or margerine - put whatever amount you want of
this mixture onto the dough squares you made with the pasta base
mix,, use a wet finger around the edges of the dough and seal up your
little perogies.  Boil according to the Pasta Base Mix instructions
as if it was just pasta and drain.  Enjoy (we did!)

Kim in PA
Thank you everyone!

Celiac best,
Susan