From:
Olivia Kogler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 7 Feb 2013 08:08:45 -0500

Thanks to all who responded, especially Steve from  glutenfreedrugs.com.
Steve posts all are GF.  Also those who are  already using seem to be having
no problems with generics.  Many suggested  to get a new pharmacy.  Problem
is my pharmacist is also my neighbor.   A female pharmacist who works for
him is great about making calls and checking  etc.  Unfortunately he is the
boss.  I do try to use her whenever  possible.  This brings to my mind the
question of whether or not it is the  responsibility of the pharmacist to make
sure that the medicine they dispense is  safe when you have a medical
condition such as celiac.  My doctor does  write "brand only" on the RX but the
insurance company (Tricare For Life) can  still refuse to cover it.  She is
appealing their decision but we don't  know how that will turn out or how long
it will take to get an answer.   You guys are the greatest resource out
there and it is a good feeling to  know that we have each other.  Thanks again.
 Olivia in VA