From:
Thai One <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Mar 1999 03:29:19 EST

After reading the summary of the posting regarding bringing foods into
stadiums etc. it seems that the civil rights of celiacs are being violated
under the American with disabilities act. It states that reasonable
accomodation must be made.  Especially is local municipalities are building
these stadiums they are using your tax dollars to build them. This seems to me
to be an issue that we should be strongly addressing. Where are our lawyers on
this site? The doctor's letter is a great idea and the special card stating
the medical necessity of gf foods. But if you had a seeing eye dog or a
wheelchair you would have to be accomodated under the law. This is a issue we
need to get behind and plan a campaign to address this issue on a national
basis. Look at the peanut allergy people and what they have had to do re
airplane food and not having peanuts served on planes. Even in schools peanut
butter and jelly sandwiches are being put out to pasture.
Thione