From:
Cindy Bradley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Apr 2002 11:59:21 -0500

Dear List-mates,

I have wanting to write for a couple of months now, to share my success story.
I joined the listserv back in August or September, and started gluten-free
living.  However, much to my dismay, I still felt ill frequently, though quite
a bit better in general.  But I would still have bouts of pain, bloating and
the big D.  I was really losing hope until Kay Stence sent me info about the
Specific Carbohydrate Diet-SCD, recommended by author Elaine Gottschall in her
book, "Breaking the vicious cycle".  Suddenly, I found out I wasn't crazy, and
discovered why I was still getting sick on a gluten free diet.  It is truly
amazing now to eat without pain or discomfort, and without all the accompanying
problems. It will take some time to fully recover my health, but I am on my
way!!  If you are eating gluten-free and still don't feel well, please check it
out.  It was truly the answer to my prayers. One caution-I think it is very
important to carefully read the entire book before you start the eating plan,
and it's especially important for people with severe Diarrhea or ulcers to
follow her advice carefully.  In other words, don't do it on your own!

Be well,
Cindy Bradley