From:
Terrymary <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Terrymary <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Nov 2004 12:56:22 -0600

I just had the most disheartening phone call with someone from the
Friday's corporate office.  My 9 year old daughter was supposed to go
there with someone today for a birthday dinner.  Since I was not going
to be with her, I called the local restaurant to request assistance in
coming up with a GF meal that she could eat.  My first call was
yesterday and the manager of the local restaurant told me that someone
from corporate would have to call.  They didn't handle those requests at
the local level (??).

Well, no one called and so I called back today.  He said he would have
the person call me immediately, which they did.  Someone by the name of
Georgianne called and proceeded to tell me that do not provide any
ingredients or nutritional information for the food they serve.  They
are not in the medical business and do not want to be put in the
position of being incorrect in what they say.  (So, they would rather
not say????)

She was EXTREMELY difficult to deal with and in an effort to get an
answer since I was not going to be with my daughter and wanted this
resolved so the adult with her didn't have problems, I attempted to
address specific foods.  I started with French fries.  She said they
were seasoned, she believed with salt and pepper.  I told her that I
needed confirmation that it was ONLY salt and pepper, that an "I
believe" won't work.  She was completely exasperated.  Then I really put
her over the edge.  I asked her if the fryer was used for any other
items.  (I used the "cross contamination" words.)  Well, she got
indignant and said "I just don't think we are going to be able to serve
your daughter if you need to be this specific".

I kindly let her know that we will choose to eat elsewhere and that I
would advise my listmates of Friday's policies (as she kept insisting
that this lack of information was Friday's policy and they were not in
the healthcare profession.)  Then she was furious and asked if I really
even had a 9 year old daughter or was I just hunting out information.
And that I should have informed her that I would be posting to a list.

Can you imagine anyone out there thinking that we actually would sit
down and hunt out gluten free information because we have nothing better
to do????  It is extremely difficult to believe that any restaurant out
there does not want to attempt to help in any way possible.

Fortunately most of my experiences are really good.  But I would like to
let upper management of Friday's know that this is what is being
represented.  Do any of you have information on who I would contact in
the Friday's organization?

Thanx for listening, I needed to vent.  Terry in Illinois