From:
Allen Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Aug 2001 12:30:13 -0400

Hello, I sent this out a couple of days ago, not sure why it hasn't been
posted yet, but here it is again:

Hi list,

Thanks to you all who sent  information on hair sprays. Some of you may
remember my "For those who think they are GF"  letter. I am not only
seeing the gluten in what I eat much more clearly now, but I am also
getting DH symptoms. Sooooooo many things I just didn't think were a
problem...are! I was itching in my armpits in the middle of the night
and discovered it was the deodorant I was using. I am just floored by
what has been affecting me and I was not aware. Anyway... here is the
hairspray summary:

-----------------------

Sassoon PUMP...no alcohol...

---------------------------

Pantene

------------------

I haven't used it in years..but I remember that the Sassoon line is
gf...I sued the shampoo all the time.

---------------------------

I think you can find GF hair spray on Abigail's GF list at this site:  I
would suggest you to go to this other excellent site:
http://forums.delphi.com/celiac/messages/ with very caring and
knowledgeable people to answer questions.

----------------------------

According to Abigail Neumann's online GF list
(www.geocities.com/HotSprings/Spa/4003/gf-index.html), all Pantene
products as well as Vidal Sassoon products are GF, including hairsprays.
Also, White Rain Hair Sprays are listed as GF.

Hi Diana - I talked to the makers of Aqua Net about
its gf status just two weeks ago (had to have it for a
wedding I attended).  They confirmed it was gf and
even sent me a coupon for a free can!  Just call the
toll-free number off the can (I would give it to you,
but I don't have it with me...).

I use Suave's Herbal Care Extra Hold in the Passion Flower blend. Nice
hairspray that is gf and very much like the Herbal Essences brand which
is NOT gf. I don't have DH, but I get skin rashes on my scalp very
easily--especially from gluten containing products. I just have to
minimize my use of hairspray anyway, but this one has proved to be much
more gentle than so many others I've tried.

------------------------------

The only one I've found so far as being listed as gf is White
Rain...hope you get some more answers and post them

------------------------------

I have DH and do not get a reaction to hairspray. It's what we ingest,
eat, that reacts with the intestine and causes the CD and DH problems.

------------------------------

Someone had emailed ME some time ago that SHaper hairspraY WAS GF.  i
NEVER Called to confirm with the company, but it is one you might want
to CHECK UP ON.  gOOD LUCK!

7777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777

Unfortunately two of you sent e-mails which I suspect you did not send,
but your computer did.  There were attatchements, one of which one said
"hamster" and the other said "new napster" which I will not open.  If it
was not a virus I am sorry for publishing this but if it is, you should
check it out.  I refuse to open attatchments from people I do not know.
Please put it in the e-mail from the list serve not an attatchment.

Thanks again to all of you, my hair is way too wild to be without!

Diana in RI

Here's a another  that came in:

Neutrogena pump hair spray is gf.