From:
Set Digest <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 15 Sep 2002 15:35:41 -0600

Thanks for all the posts on DH.  I'll try to summarize but I am still up
to my neck in getting Jesse's condition officially diagnosed and under
control.  He started with the "poison ivy" thing on his shins.  That
lasted 4 months and then it hit me that it was DH.  He went gluten free
about two weeks ago.  Suddenly in the last week he is flaring horribly.
he went from just elbows and knees and shins to head to toe!!  Have any
of you had this happen?!  He is so unsightly and embarrassed not to
mention scratching till he bleeds.   He still has not been biopsied. I
have been e-mailing my family doc stuff and finally convinced him to get
the Dapsone but he is so unresponsive.  I am about to just bipass the
insurance route and find myself a dermatologist.  Any useful experiences
out there would be greatly appreciated.  This is very hard on him and his
mommy and daddy.

The only thing I can think of that would cause the flare if it is DH is
the fact that we were eating a lot of fried eggs and he was using the
salt shaker full of iodized salt unbeknownst to me.  Could that do it?

Thanks,

Shellie

"I have been driven many times to my knees by the overwhelming conviction
that
I had nowhere else to go. My wisdom, and that of all about me,seemed
insufficient for the day,"--Abraham Lincoln

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.