From:
"Robert F. Eyerman, Jr." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Mar 1999 19:16:29 -0500

Dear Listmembers, I have a recipe for chocolate chip
bars that I'd like to share.

Chocolate Chip Bars

1/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 1/2 cups brown sugar, packed
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup white rice flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1 cup chopped nuts, if desired

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Cream shortening and sugar, I use a mixer.  Beat  in eggs and vanilla.

Sift

together in seperate bowl the flour, baking powder and xanthan gum.
Mix into first mixture.  Stir in chocolate chips and nuts, if desired.
Spread into a greased  9"square pan or a 7"x11" pan.  Bake about 30
minutes.  Cool and cut into bars.  I line my pan with foil, grease it, and
when bars are cool, lift them out with the foil and cut on a cutting board.
There is no sticking in the pan and they cut much better that way.

Karen from Central NY, USA