From:
Bonnie N. <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Sep 2000 19:42:30 -0400

Dear Loop Friends,

I received 21 responses, and am most grateful for all of them.

MOST people wrote to tell me that since going gluten-free their mouth
sores cleared up.

Several people warned that it could be a vitamin deficiency - usually one
of the "B" vitamins.

One person wrote and told me that  woodwind players in the chicago
symphony swear by Ramses contraceptive cream !?

Liquid Vitamin E was suggested.

Other suggestions included using chapstick or blistex.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well, dear loopers, here are my general thoughts.

After doing MORE research, I've found the most probable causes to be:

B Vitamin deficiency
Anemia
Dentures
Fungus
Ingesting gluten or other things you are allergic to

**Plus - I play the flute, which I KNOW doesn't help!

The recommended treatment I found was:

Using an antibiotic cream - such as Bactroban
Using an anti-fungal - such as Nizoral
And...using a 1% cortisone cream

ALL at the same time!

I just happened to have the Nizoral and Cortisone creams handy, so I used
both of them together for a week and my mouth is now healed.

Good luck to all of you with the same problem!

Bonnie  :)  in Michigan