From:
Barbara Ptak <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Barbara Ptak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Aug 2004 20:26:38 -0500

I am curious if anyone else has had problems with hematuria (blood in
urine)?  I've been experiencing this periodically over the last year and it
seems to be getting worse.  My last UA showed a "large amount of occult
blood", but the C&S were negative for infection.  My doc started me on
Cipro after I "visited" the lab as a prophylactic measure, and I did stop
passing blood.  Normally, this would mean an infection, but as the C&S were
negative, my doc is at a loss for an explanation.  He advised me to stop
the Cipro and wait a few days to see if my symptoms return.  I questioned
him about a link between hematuria and CD, but he very honestly admitted he
does not have enough knowledge of CD.....

Any help anyone can offer would be very much appreciated.  I will post a
summary.

Thanks to all of you for your support in the past!
Barbara