From:
Louise Van Wey <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Louise Van Wey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 May 2004 14:06:14 -0500

Thank you very much to all who responded with such helpful and encouraging
information!

Many respondents remarked on how easy it is to maintain a GF diet in
Norway.  The general population there seems to be more educated about the
restrictions of the diet, and mainstream restaurants and stores make safe
food readily available.  McDonalds there carry gluten free buns and many
restaurants have gluten free menus readily available.

Even the smallest villages usually have a health food store in which
crackers and pastas are available.
The Norwegian name for gluten free is "glutenfri" and so many people speak
English that a restaurant card translation is probably not necessary.

One helpful person included information from celiac.com…

Oslo
Norsk Coliakiforening
Prinsens Gate 6.5. etg.
N-0152 Oslo, Norway
Tel: 47/22/42/60/01 (Tues. & Wed)
Fax: 47/22/42/60/04

Norweigean Coeliac Association.
Karsten Kronholm
Medisinsk rådgjevar (medical adviser)
Sogn og Fjordane fylkeskommune (county)
Telf. 57 65 38 58.
Privat-adr. Henjahaugane 17, 5842 Leikanger

The Norwegian Coeliac Society
Sandakerveien 99
PB 4725 Nydalen
0421 OSLO
NORWAY
Telf. (+47) 22 79 91 70 Fax 22 79 93 95
E-mail: [log in to unmask]

International contact :
(Also : Director of the Board of Association of European Coeliac Societies)
Karsten Kronholm M.D. telf private : (+47) 57 65 38 58 Mobil : (+47) 415 30
390
E-mail: [log in to unmask]
Henjahaugane 17
6863 Leikanger.

I also asked about Copenhagen, and someone sent the following link for the
Danish Celiac Society:

http://www.coeliaki.dk/Default.asp?Action=Details&Item=740

I will be sure to add to this summary if I get any more information and in
August, upon my return, I will share anything helpful I learn in my travels.

Thank you all so much!