Date:
Fri, 27 Jan 2006 23:25:04 EST

Thank you to  everyone who answered my query regarding current tests for
celiac disease. Below  are the responses.

You can read more  about it on our chapter website at
_www.houstonceliacs.org_ (http://www.houstonceliacs.org/)  under  Testing.  However, updating, the
University of Chicago is now just doing  the Serum IgA (to test for IgA
deficiency) plus tTG (IgA or IgG, depending on  outcome of the first test).  They are
only using The Mayo Clinic Lab or  Prometheus Lab for experience and
reliability.

I like Dr. Fine - _www.finerhealth.com_ (http://www.finerhealth.com/)
or _www.enterolab.com_ (http://www.enterolab.com/)  His test is more
sensitive.

_http://www.csaceliacs.org/celiac_diagnosis.php_
(http://www.csaceliacs.org/celiac_diagnosis.php)

Take a look at this University of Chicago Celiac Disease Program Fact  Sheet:
_http://www.celiacdisease.net/About%20Celiac%20Disease/antibodytesting.htm_
(http://www.celiacdisease.net/About%20Celiac%20Disease/antibodytesting.htm)

Check on www.prometheuslabs.com  - I can't remember all the specific  names,
but the celiac panel includes 5 tests.  This is not the gene test  - just for
dx.  They will send you a test kit to take to the doc.   We have had good
luck with this lab.

enterolab.com has a stool test for antibodies & fat absorption, a gene  swab
test
and some food sensitivity tests
antiGliadin IgG blood  test
antiGliadin IgA blood test