From:
Jupiter Dog <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jupiter Dog <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Feb 2003 16:15:56 -0800

So I've been racking my brain trying to figure out what I could do
differently to stop these ghastly Alien stomach/intestine noises and gas
even though I've been GF for a few weeks (mind you, I use only my own GF
grill, anything in the oven is wrapped in tinfoil, anything on the counters
is placed on paper plates, anything in microwave is on paper plates and
wrapped in paper towels, I use my own GF knife, GF non-wood cutting board,
GF pot for steaming veggies, I clean the counters constantly, all I'm eating
is fresh grilled meats and a few steamed or baked veggies, brush teeth with
baking soda only all face care is GF, drinking only distilled water - I cant
GET more GF!!!!).

So my roommate was watching me cook my ground turkey on the George Foreman
grill and remarking on how dark and crispy I was letting the outside get. I
said I had to otherwise the inside doesnt get cooked enough. She (a med
student) said that this browned stuff, even on the George Foreman, can be
carcinognic. So it hit me! Maybe thats why my stomach is making so much
noise/gas/fuss? Maybe I'm overcooking my meats of all things! I'll have to
microwave them for a minute before grilling to see if keeping them lighter
cooked helps.

Does this make sense to anyone? Do you think my tummy could be thanking me
for the GF but revolting against the browned/burned cripsy outside of the
meats?

Patrick (p.s. my biopsy was negative, but I'm doing GF and have eliminated
other things to see if fatigue and IBS are helped)