From:
Malcolm and Ruth Chalkley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Mar 1998 08:23:39 -0000

Dear Listmembers,
                                 A little while ago I asked you all for help
re. the current GF status of Rice Dream ... I had bought some cartons of it
home and then had doubts about drinking it ... you all know the feeling!!
Well, following my posting to you all I received 38 replies .....

34 said NO, don't use it ... Rice Dream may be contaminated due to the use
of Barley in the production process and referred to recent previous comments
on this list that I must have missed.

2 said that they consumed it with no ill effects.

1 felt that the percentage of contamination was so small that they were
going to continue to drink it because it tasted good.

1 is eagerly awaiting this summary to decide.

Conclusion ... don't ask for Rice Dream when you come to visit us here in
the UK because I won't be stocking it anymore.

Best wishes to you all,

Ruth Chalkley (In Northern England).