From:
Angela Bulawski <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 21 Sep 2004 10:54:52 -0400

Thank you to all that sent me suggestions for the gluten-free restaurant
card:

A couple of people recommended or attached this card and suggested that I
make my own or improve upon an existing:
http://www.kinnikinnick.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/home.downloads/menu/Support.html

I can't help with the casein free cards, but I have attached a set of gf
dining cards I believe I got from the gluten free pantry site.  You may
be able to edit them (they are PDF file) or save them as a Word document
and then alter them to add notes on casein free information.

These are double sided cards.  Print out the two pages, print them
double sided on card stock and then cut them out.  (Let me know if you want
this attachment)

Try going to www.goodhealthpublishing.com for a list of 59
national/regional
restaurants and their lists of gluten/wheat free items. There's also a
gluten free dining card that can be presented to restaurant personnel to
ease the ordering process.

******************************************************************************************************************************'

From the Houston Celiac Support Group:
Attached is one page with 2 restaurant cards.  Actually, I print 4 of the
texts (10 pts.)with .25 margins,
on one page in Landscape, with some information about cooking processes on
the back.  Some of our members laminate copies.  Some restaurants do want
to keep them.  If you make an original in your computer, you can print out
as many as you like.  Add dairy requirements as well.
Good luck!

www.houstonceliacs.org

***************************************************************************************************************************************
Sully's Living Without has very simple restaurant cards. Size of business
card. Doesn't overwhelm waiters and chefs. I think the website is
livingwithout.com.
****************************************************************************************************************************************
I got my GF dining cards through CSA.org.  This is Celiac Sprue
Association.  They have the best info I have found, and I have found a lot.
I always ask for the card back so I can show it to another cook at another
restaurant.
Gluten and milk free card for dining-resturant  is available at
www.glutenfreecanada.com the link
http://www.glutenfreecanada.com/diningcards/. This is the best one I have
seen. I did get one from the local support group and another from a
nutritionist. You do have to ask it be returned.

Thanks!

Angela