From:
Lori Berry <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lori Berry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Jun 2003 22:14:56 -0500

Following is a list of suggestions and reviews for hamburger buns!!!!!  I organized it with GREAT then FINE/OK.  I am so NOT looking for FINE but thought I would post it all.

GREAT!!!

*Bette Hagmans bread book

*betterbatter.com - all arounds are a  "great bun", another person said they are "heavenly"

*Deland Bakery, "if you can eat millet, has great bagels that remind me of kaiser rolls without the hardness, their hotdog rolls are good too".  Another person uses this bakery and says it is fabulous bread.  They have a 24 loaf minimum for ordering so it is good for support groups.

*Another person recommended www.bakerscatalogue.com for hamburger pans and says they use Bette Hagman bakes bread.  Freeze after cooling and microwave to eat.

*Kinnikinnick's kinni-kwik mix.  ONe person uses it with english muffin rings and a hot dog pan.  This person also suggested chebe bread for pigs in a blanket.  Several people suggested this one.

*GF Pantry's favorite bread mix with english muffin or hamburger tins from baker catalogue.  One person suggested covering with plastic wrap and atowel and rise on preheat for 30 minutes.  SUPER! and freezes well.  Several liked this one.

*tapioca bread mix from Kinnikinnick and double the yeast - fabulous!

*Gluten Free delights makes great dinner rolls, maybe also hamburger buns

*Several people said they use Chebe bread for everything including hamburger buns. I personally use it for calzones, rolls, breadsticks and pizza and am personally looking for something different!

*Made by Mona - one person "heard" sunny bun mix is decent and doesn't fall apart.  WELL... another person said "first time they were perfect, I like them better than the wheat ones".  Another person said they are their favorite and also they can sit on the counter for up to 4 days then freeze.  Yet another person said "nothing beats them", add Mr. Spice Steak sauce. Yet another said that "sunny bun mix is awesome".  I am sold.

*Gluten free delights had one fan saying their hamburger buns were wonderful and that they make a good dinner roll too

GOOD/FINE/OK

*kinnikinnick english muffins
*two people liked tapioca hamburger buns by Kinnikinnick
*one person said Mr. Ritts hotdogs AND hamburgers are good
*Cause your special bread mix and a muffin top pan - tastes fine
*Gluten Free Delights are "good considering they are gf"
*www.celiac.com Jane Conrad recipe, "not too bad"
*ENER-G tapioca buns with middle cut out - OK
*ENER-G english muffins new and improved are bearable.  Another person said to toast them on the grill with oil, not frozen first and they are better
*ENERG seattle brown buns OK
*Glutino - better than passable

OTHER SUGGESTIONS

*King Arthur flour co. has hamburger and hotdog pans to make your own

*Miss Robens pizza mix is good for pigs in a blanket, my kids love them

*a recipe I forgot is posted at http://forums.delphiforums.com/celiac/messages?msg=14862.1  "my non celiac husband finds it as good as real and it is not crumbly either"