From:
Suzanne Romey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 May 1999 13:38:43 -0400

Hello everyone,

I received several responses to my fibromyalgia posting.  It is a common
problem which seems to affect women mostly.  Some people said that they
didn't think there was a connection to celiac disease and fibromyalgia, but
other people said they also became pain free after trying a gluten free
diet.  I've included some of the comments below.  I haven't heard from
Psychology Today about my letter, and I'll be surprised if they print it
because I don't have any medical backup to verify my claim that a gluten
free diet was the cure for fibromyalgia in my case.  Some people questioned
whether my problem was really fibromyalgia.  I don't have a medical
diagnosis, but I think the symptoms of chronic muscle pain that kept my
awake at night in my legs and arms fits the descriptions I've read about it.
It's gone now, but comes make if I eat gluten.

Suzanne