From:
Beth Wilson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Mar 1999 12:41:35 -0500

Apologies for the delay in this summary.  I have had some requests for an
up to date summary.....

Many people responded warning that Pacific Grains Nutty Rice cereal
bothers them.  As was repeated by many posters as well - "They (Pacific
Grains) make no claim that any of their products are gluten free."  While
i did have one person who said that the Nutty Rice is run first, many
told that this cereal is run on the same lines as the Nutty Wheat and
Nutty Barley.

On the lighter side...
There were quite a few people who have been eating this cereal with no
problems... even those who are extremely sensitive.  Other suggestions
for  a "Grape-Nuts"-like cereal... Jowar products 'Jo-Krisps' cereal,
Perky's Nutty Rice, and Ener-G's version.

Thanks very much to all who responded to this.  Yet another product to
use at personal discretion I guess!  I think I will try the alternatives
that I KNOW are safe for now!!
Beth in CT