From:
Janet Wager <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Janet Wager <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Mar 2002 12:45:03 -0500

Hi, I have a few questions for others on the list:

A little history:
I was biopsy diagnosed in October 2000 and went on a gluten free diet the
next week.  Since that time, I have never willingly or knowingly eaten
gluten.  I have eliminated many food items from my diet, and have checked
all of my medications for gluten.  I don't eat anything unless I'm sure
it's gf.  In other words, I have done everything I know of to be completely
gf.  A few weeks ago I had a follow-up biopsy to see if things were
healing.  The results came back that I had "mildly blunted villi,
consistent with partially treated celiac sprue".

So my questions:
Do any of you know how long it takes the villi to heal?  I have been Type 1
diabetic for 40 years, so could that have an effect on the healing time?
If I should have healed villi by this point (about 1 1/2 years after
diagnosis and beginning a gf diet), do you have any suggestions or ideas as
to how I'm still getting gluten in my diet?  I would appreciate any advice,
because at this point I'm pretty frustrated.

Thanks, and I'll summarize.

Janet
Utah, USA