From:
Deborah Richards <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Deborah Richards <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Nov 2013 22:56:52 -0500

Interesting to hear your responses to the card….below are my the replies I liked the most and that reflected what most people thought..  Most of you did say you thought this was out of line and surprised that Hallmark would print a card that is in such bad taste…….
--------------
This is interesting. These are the same people who changed the wording on a Christmas card to remove "gay apparel."
The card you saw is in incredibly bad taste.

It continues to baffle me why people mock celiacs but not diabetics or Lupus and MS patients and so on. One friend said it's because GF has become a fad unrelated to health; I say it doesn't matter -- it's wrong.

I'm going to write to Hallmark as well, and everybody else who mocks us. I already wrote a long email to the Ellen Show. I was shocked when she made fun of a GF dating niche site. She, who I have always admired for her tolerance; couldn't believe it. She put the GF site in the same category as clown dating.

Maybe we should start a revolution!
I hunted that card down; it's so moronic and made so little sense that I wonder why Hallmark bothered to waste the production effort.
I didn't find it particularly offensive, though, primarily because it's so idiotic. You have to wonder what the point is. The dopes who would think that's hilarious enough to buy are probably not cruising the card aisle!
I find the ASS more offensive than the Gluten Free part.  Shoebox is known to be out of mainstream.
Wow, I am offended as well. Stunned