From:
Janie Clarke <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Janie Clarke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Feb 2016 21:45:22 -0800

Now that I have a severe wheat allergy in addition to celiac, I have a bit
of a superpower which is that if I eat something that has even the tiniest
amount of wheat in it, my mouth tingles. I'm way more sensitive than I used
to be!

So.. I'm travelling for work right now and I bought some food to eat in my
hotel room. One of the things I bought is Garden of Eatin' blue corn
chips.  The bag has a Gluten Free label on the front of it.  I am for sure
getting the mouth-tingling reaction to these.  Has anyone else experienced
a reaction to this brand?  This is the first packaged food that's labelled
gluten-free that I've had the reaction to.

As a side note, to summarize my conversations from a few weeks ago. I heard
from 3 other people on this list who developed wheat allergies after their
celiac diagnosis. I definitely think this is something we need to watch out
for. I wonder if the act of going wheat-free causes our body to overreact
the next time it encounters wheat, and develop these allergies?

Thanks,

Janie

*******
*******