Date:
Fri, 19 Sep 2003 14:32:18 EDT

Hi to the List

   The other day I posted a query concerning attending an upcoming wedding
which is designated to be buffet-style. This is my first time attending an
affair which is gf, and I am not the closest of friends with the party.

   Thanks for all of your responses. I must have received about 40 or so
to call the caterer in advance, and see if there is anything that is gf on the
list. Many people have asked the caterer(if cooperative) to set them aside a
gf plate, so that they don't have to deal with cross-contamination issues at
the buffet afterwards.

   A few folks mentioned that they do not eat at weddings, and will eat
beforehand.

   One fellow had a real clever approach: he purchased food prior to the
wedding at an Outback steakhouse and had the caterers warm it up for him for the
affair. If I knew the area better, I may have tried something like that myself.

   I think I will try the former approach. If the caterers are uncooperative,
then I think I will bring my own snacks along,and look for a restaurant
nearby afterwards.

   Thanks to all and have a good weekend,
   Amy Kravitz [log in to unmask]