From:
Karen Bulmer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Mar 1997 08:06:13 -0700

Sorry for sending to the entire list but I have had so many requests that
this is quicker.

Some of the questions asked were;

1) International Irish Cream - it is found in the dairy section and is a
flavored cream.  If not available substitute Cereal Cream (the recipe
originally asked for cereal cream and I changed it)

2) condensed milk - is the sweetened condensed milk, very thick, not
evaporated milk.  I use Bordens condensed milk.

3)  I use Smirnoffs Vodka or Alberta Vodka (remember I am in Canada and
there is no limitations on what distilled alcohols we consume)

4)  I have not tried the recipes in the second attachment so don't know how
they turn out

5)  Chocolate syrup is just the stuff in a bottle that you squeeze into milk
to make chocolate milk.

6)  One recipe calls for berry sugar and I don't even know what that is.
Can anyone inform me and I will post to the list.

For those of you who do try the recipes please send any comments,
suggestions back to me and I will again summarize for the list.

Prosit (cheers)

Baileys Irish Cream - makes 2 litres

1 carton  International Irish Cream cream
2 eggs
2 tbsp. chocolate syrup
2 tbsp. cold coffee
1 c. vodka
1 can condensed milk

Put 1/2 of all in blender except milk and  put in both eggs with 1st half.
Mix well.  Add 2nd 1/2 and milk. Refridgerate.

Kahlua - makes 80 oz.

4 c. water
3 c. sugar
3 tbsp. cold strong coffee
4 c. (32. oz.) vodka
2 tsp. vanilla

Boil water, sugar and coffee for 2 minutes, then cool.  Add vodka & vanilla.

Grand Marnier
-------------

26 oz. Vodka
26 oz. Brandy
4 medium oranges (peeled, no whites)
1 1/2 cups berry sugar

Peel oranges (no whites left on) and combine with 1/2 of the vodka and brandy.
Put in bowl in a dark room for 3 days.  Take out and strain, add the rest
of the vodka, brandy and sugar.  Mix well and bottle

Tia Maria
---------

4 cups white sugar
2 1/2 cups boiling water
2 tbsp instant coffee
2 tbsp vanilla

Stir the above and cool.

Add 26 oz. brandy.  Bottle.

Amaretto
--------

2 cups sugar
2 cups vodka
2 cups brandy
2 cups water
3-4 tsp almond extract

Combine sugar and 2 cups water.  Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer
uncovered for 10 minutes.  Stir occassionaly.  Remove from heat and cool.
Stir vodka, brandy, almond extract.  Bottle.

Karen Bulmer
St. Albert, AB, Canada