From:
Rebecca Goyan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Jan 2000 09:50:14 -0700

Hi!

My mom and I are planning to drive from Alberta to Texas this summer.
Although I intend to do the research and contact the local gf groups in
the areas we finally intend to visit, I was wondering if there is
anybody out there who deals with gf and cannot have sunflower or
cottonseed oil.  My mom is deathly allergic to those oils and there's no
point in going to a place where I can eat, but she can't (she hopes all
of you appreciate the irony in this).  She is also finally undergoing
testing for digestive troubles and so she may also be gf by the time we
go down.  I already know that McDonald's is out - it's the one place
that uses cottonseed oil in Canada, but what about other
restaurants/chains?  Do gf baked goods use cottonseed or sunflower oil?

Thanks!

Becky
Calgary, Alberta