From:
Carmen Coluccio <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 14 Jun 2002 13:03:42 EDT

My daughter has had 5 miscarriages in the first trimester within the last
year.  Although her mother and father are both celiacs, her biopsy proved
negative at age 32.  She's convinced that if the tests proved negative, she
celiac-free even though mine showed up after age 40.

It is known that biopsies aren't necessarily conclusive and I'll have to
convince her of that.  However, is there any conclusive evidence that a
celiac person would have trouble carrying even if they can conceive???  Does
the condition thin out the lining of the uterus making it difficult to hold
the baby????  Does anyone know where I can find documented information on
this????

Thanks for any info.  Carmen