From:
Ayn Gilliland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Jul 1999 20:53:19 -0500

Hi Everyone--

I saw my PCP this week - first time since CD diagnosis by GI Dr. While
we were talking about the possibility of my having DH, I asked him that
if he did a biopsy of the lesions I sometimes get (which look and feel
like herpes eruptions), will the pathologist be able to tell a
difference between DH and herpes? He said he didn't know, but would
research the issue and call me. Since I don't seem to be terribly
sensitive to gluten, and DH is an indicator of gluten ingestion, we're
wanting to know if the lesions I get are DH or herpes - the result of a
possible viral infection.

Does anyone know if the lesions of these two conditions differ, or would
they appear the same to a pathologist? Also, what is the best way to
biopsy the lesion - punch, scraping, or another way?

Thanks for any info anyone can provide...think I'm about to have another
outbreak of whatever these things are.  :(

Ayn.